Position Type: Full-time, Exempt
Location: Las Cruces, NM (possibility to work remotely)
Salary Range: $50,000/year
We offer a competitive benefits package!
About NM CAFe:
NM CAFe (https://organizenm.org/) is the largest multi-faith, multiracial, grassroots community organizing network in Southern New Mexico. NM CAFe was founded in Las Cruces, NM in 2009 and is now organizing in 4 counties across the Borderlands of NM, bringing people together across the lines of race, faith, income level and geography to organize for racial and economic justice. NM CAFe is a proud affiliate of the Faith in Action (formerly PICO) National Network (www.faithinaction.org), the largest multi-faith community organizing effort in the country.
NM CAFe seeks an experienced development professional for a high-impact, self-motivated position on our team. The Donor Development Manager works in partnership with the Executive Director, the Board of Directors, other staff, and volunteers, to prospect, cultivate and steward relationships with individuals and foundations to contribute toward NM CAFe’s annual budget and overall mission.
Educational Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nonprofit Management, Business or Public Administration, or related field.
- OR equivalent 3-5 years of experience required.
- 3-5 years of fundraising experience, with a strong specialization in individual giving.
- Must demonstrate a proven track record of cultivating, increasing, and retaining a donor base over time.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director; plan, implement, and manage a comprehensive giving program for individual gifts, including one-time, event, major, sustainer (monthly), and planned giving donors to enable NM CAFe’s work for equity and justice, and decrease dependence on grant funding for day-to-day operations.
- Lead efforts, development and management of a prospect pool of individuals with annual goals for direct mail, personal visits, phone calls and giving outcomes.
- Oversee CAFe’s participation in Faith in Actions annual “Together We Give” Campaign
- Coordinate an overall fundraising strategy for CAFe that diversifies the organization’s funding.
- Implement fund development plans in accordance with organizational values and goals.
- Assist in creating a Development Manager annual expenditure and revenue budgets and manage areas of responsibility to meet budget goals.
- Manage and lead specific fundraising projects pertaining to areas of focus.
- Strategically research and understand current and potential supporters’ philanthropic goals and leverage them to build relationships and support.
- Identify and coordinate a strategy that leads to three new foundation funders during first year of employment
- Growing our base of monthly givers by 100 new donors in one year
- Implement individual donor cultivation strategies, including but not limited to:
- periodic on-line giving campaigns (e.g. the fall “Together We Give Campaign”, in conjunction with our peer organizations across the country)
- Direct mail appeals (twice a year)
- Planned/Legacy giving
- Organizing giving circles
- Create donor retention plans for all donor levels and pools.
- Serve as point person for fundraising special events and consult with organizing team and leaders on other events and actions, with an eye to using these engagement opportunities to cultivate current and prospective donors.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and success in working in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to work with persons who are diverse by faith, race/ethnicity, generation, physical ability, and gender/sexual identity internally and externally
- Strong writing skills and verbal ability to communicate the values of social justice and people-led organizing for economic, racial and social justice.
- Comfort and prior experience with asking people to donate money to a good cause.
- Ability and willingness to take initiative
- Ability to present oneself in a pleasant, persuasive, and professional manner to inspire and generate enthusiasm among current and potential donors, volunteers and staff.
- Evolved racial and cultural analysis as well as productive experience working with diverse teams and groups.
- Experience in planning, organizing, coordinating and evaluating special events, personal solicitation campaigns,and direct mail.
- Engagement with New Mexico funding networks.
- Ability to create a variety of written materials to support fundraising efforts.
- Familiarity with 501(c) 3 and (c)4 structures and community based organizing a plus.
The ideal candidate:
- Is committed to social justice.
- Has the ability to establish rapport and interact effectively with a wide variety of people including staff, volunteers and leaders, partners, and donors. Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Is driven to develop new and innovative fundraising opportunities to meet or exceed revenue goals.
- Has a proven track record of cultivating and retaining diverse donors at all giving levels, of all faith and racial/ethnic backgrounds
Salary & Benefits:
$50,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
Competitive benefits package including:
- Generous paid time off policy.
NM CAFe is an EEO employer fully committed to inclusion of people of all races, religious creeds, ethnicities, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, abilities, socioeconomic classes, protected veteran, and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We are dedicated to providing and maintaining a supportive work environment free from discrimination and harassment, where we treat each other with respect and dignity.
Our preference is for the person in this position to work out of the NM CAFe office in Las Cruces, NM, but we are open to people who would work remotely.
This position has committed funding for one full year, with a potential to turn into a permanent position.
Closing Date: December 11, 2020
Email the following items – in one PDF document – to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Donor Development Manager”
- One-page cover letter describing your background, interest in, and qualifications for this position
- Writing sample
- List of three professional references (people who can vouch for your fundraising work).
All NM CAFe employees are required to wear PPE that is issued to them by the organization as well as follow the CDC Guidelines if working from the base office, however we are making our greatest efforts to work remotely during this pandemic to ensure the safety of our employees & their families.